Beard oil to a beardsman is like water to a camel, we can’t live without it. Beard oil is simply the holy grail of beard products because of its versatile use and amazing properties. I will be creating the ultimate guide for those of you looking to buy beard oil for personal use or for that special beard in your life. Make sure to use the coupon code at the bottom of the article if you would like to purchase Age of Beard’s own brand of beard oil.
BEARD OIL, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?
Beard oil is the simplest yet most effective beard product. Beard has been in use for centuries, from the Hebrew people (B.C.) all the way to the frontier men that helped map America (A.D.). Ancient civilizations used virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, and even coconut oil to care for their beards.
Love the history lesson, but WTF does beard oil do?!
Simply put, beard oil moisturizes, revitalizes, conditions, and aids in the styling of your beard. See, beard oil is the ultimate beard product because of the fact that its main purpose is to increase the overall health of your beard. A strong beard oil formula will help your beard by aiding in its continual growth. You can expect the following from a good beard oil:
1. Moisturizer – Beard oil serves as a moisturizer by preventing dryness, hence preventing the dread beardruff and beard itch.
2. Revitalizer – Beard oil helps continually revitalize your hair by encouraging better hair strength, keeping the split ends at bay, and working all the way to the root of your hair.
3. Conditions – Beard oil also helps in the conditioning of your beard hair by preventing knots, hardened hairs, and by default, softening.
4. Styling – Beard oil also provides a light hold which increases the moldability of your beard. If you make a habit of continually using beard oil, your hair will soften and become less entangled, therefore aiding in the styling of your beard.
BEARD OIL, INGREDIENTS THAT MATTER.
As you may know, Age of Beard is all about quality ingredients. We take pride in only using all natural and organic oils that work, unlike some, that use “filler” oils that simply do not have any good matching properties, just help save money.
We go out of our way to emphasis the importance of using oils that are known to have properties that encourage better hair health by truly moisturizing, revitalizing, and conditioning. Below, you will find a list of the top ten oils used in effective beard oil formulas. Some of our top competitors have a good reputation because they also use these oils within their beard oil serums:
1. Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) – Moisturizer that helps clean hair follicles. Rich in vitamin A and E, also helps prevent acne.
2. Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) – Conditions and moisturizes. Helps keep beardruff at bay, encourages beard growth, softens hair, and improves overall health of hair.
3. Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) – Moisturizes, revitalizes, and conditions. Helps promote beard growth, blood flow, and is known to be rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, and E.
4. Apricot-Kernel Oil (Prunus Armeniaca) – Moisturizes both hair and scalp. Allows for better pliability by softening.
5. Castor Oil (Ricinus communis) – Helps condition beard hair. Known for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Encourages beard growth, also rich in Vitamin E, minerals, fatty acids (Omega 6 + 9), and proteins.
6. Argan Oil (Argania spinose) – The perfect beard conditioner. Helps keep hair silkier, shinier, softer, and overall healthier. One of the most effective hair oils out there.
7. Safflower Oil (Carthamus tinctorius) – Revitalizes beard hair. Encourages beard growth, blood flow, and stronger follicles.
8. Hemp Oil (Cannabis sativa) – Revitalizes and enriches beard hair. Encourages stronger hair and better beard growth.
9. Grapeseed Oil (Vitis vinifera) – Moisturizes and revitalizes beard hair. Keeps hair shiny, softer, and promotes beard growth. Also known for keeping hair silky, without a greasy feel.
10. Olive Oil (Olea europaea) – Moisturizes beard hair. Helps keep dandruff and dryness at bay, while increasing overall hair health.
The above list is the definitive guide to the best ingredients found in beard oil and most beard products. We have a mix of 6 to 7 oils which moisturize, revitalize, and condition while providing the proper nutrients, vitamins, and proteins that keep beard hairs healthy and worthy of an epic beard oil formula.
ANYTHING ELSE? BEARD OIL, THE GATEWAY TO BEARD CARE.
As a leading authority is beardology, bearded affairs, and bearded trends, we get a multitude of questions on a daily basis. But, one question prevails…” What is the best beard product to start with?” the answer is should be obvious: Beard Oil, the holy grail of all beard products.
Beard oil is simply the easiest, yet most effective product, that a fellow beardsman can use. The above reasons make this clear. Beard oil is easy to use, simple to store, and 1oz will go a long way. The more you use it, the more that you will start looking into other beard products that work.
Thank you for reading this article! Remember to like and share it. Also use this month’s discount code: “BEARDDIT” in order to get 15% your total purchase.
-Your friends at Age of Beard